Employment & Migration Law
For several years in a row, Ekvita has been recognised by leading ranking institutions as one of the leaders in employment and migration practice. The following of a sampling of our expertise in this practice area:
- Advised several international recruitment and manpower agencies on complexities of employing expatriate workforce, requirements for obtaining permits and licenses, documentation formalities etc.
- Advising UK's major chemical services provider on re-establishment of its employment practices (over 130 employees) to achieve cost savings and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Advised major US company in first introduction of corporate share buy-back scheme for its local employees in Azerbaijan.
- Advised world's leading manufacturing company operating in Azerbaijan on regulatory compliance in connection with its employment practices.
- Developed employment and migration policies and systems for international energy company and one of the largest employers in Azerbaijan.
- Advised a number of foreign companies on migration laws and obtained more than 2000 work and residence permits for foreign business persons working in Azerbaijan.
- Proposed series legislative improvements to current labour and migration laws of Azerbaijan via American Chamber of Commerce and other initiatives.