Job Announcement: Manager for corporate governance / Senior Corporate Specialist
We are looking for a Manager/Senior Specialist for strategy and corporate governance
- Have extensive knowledge in strategy development and organizational restructuring, institutional capacity building preferably in the public sector;
- Extensive experience in development and implementation of organizational policies, including, corporate governance standards, developing intra-departmental relationship between multiple internal units/departments;
- Development of new strategy, mission, vision and fully restructuring of the entire institutional setup and operation;
- Conduct analyses on a range of issues relating to employment and corporate law, research relevant procedures, and propose appropriate practical solutions;
- Review client documents for adherence to legal policies and procedures;
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalize documents on various matters or practice areas.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree is a must. Candidates with a legal background will be given a preference.
- A Master’s degree is an asset. The ideal candidate would have a master's degree from a foreign university.
- Preferably 5-7 years of public sector experience, 2 years working at public legal entities, or alternatively 5-7 years of in-house (corporate) experience in a company with a diverse set of activities (ideal candidate would have 5 to 7 years in strategy, corporate, legal and/or HR-related experience).
- Excellent demonstrated analytical skills; able to spot legal issues and risks in a given transaction;
- Ability and maturity to make independent judgment;
- Ability to do comprehensive research independently or with minimal supervision.
- Effective listener – able to listen carefully and comprehend all given instructions;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills – able to express ideas concisely, unambiguously and consistently.
Core Skills and Competencies
- A person with the right attitude, ambitious but with realistic in expectations
- High ethical and professional standards
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work hard when necessary
- Fluency in Azerbaijani and English (both written and spoken); Russian would be an asset
- Effective computer literacy
- Ability to plan and organize work unsupervised
- Excellent team-player, respect and support fellow colleagues
- Able to work directly with clients with minor supervision
Pay and Benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered to a good candidate based on skills and experience
- Stable, reliable, stress-free & friendly work environment
- Good training opportunities both locally and overseas
Interested candidates are requested to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates who noted vacancy name in the subject line (Manager/Senior Specialist for strategy and corporate governance) will be considered.