Ekvita in consortium with the French Organization DMI Associates has successfully completed an EU funded project - Development of Special Economic Zones in Azerbaijan11 December 2018
As the winner of the tender initiated by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Ekvita in consortium with the French Organization DMI Associates has successfully completed an EU funded project – “Development of Special Economic Zones in Azerbaijan”.
The Project comprised of the following major components such as:
- In-depth analysis of the existing legal and institutional framework for Special Economic Zones (SEZ) in Azerbaijan;
- Organizing training and study visits for learning the best practice in the area of establishment and operation of SEZs (industrial cities and business incubators) and industrial clusters to jurisdictions with unique and successful SEZ practice such as Singapore, UAE, Serbia, and Turkey;
- Identification of gaps based on international best practice;
- Preparation of normative legal acts based on the analysis of the identified gaps and international best practice (benchmarks); and
- Organizing capacity building activities (expert consultations, seminars, and workshops) for the Ministry of Economy and the High-Tech Park of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences.